Due to the deadline for The Messenger this month I cannot review the business of the Parish Council Meeting held on 21 November. Instead, like last month I should like to make some announcements.
- There will be Carol Singing around the Village Christmas Tree in front of the Village Hall on Monday 19 December starting at 6:30pm. Refreshments will be provided. Please come and share the start of the festive week.
- The Parish Council has purchased a Vehicle Speed Indicator that will be installed on Mill St in our ongoing effort to curb excessive speeds along that dangerous road.
- Many of you will know that Suffolk, together with most of Norfolk have been working towards “Devolution” in which our autonomous area has more control over funding for infrastructure including roads and housing. At the time of writing Councils were awaiting Sec of State approval to progress. Details can be found at https://www.eastangliadevo.co.uk/ consultation.
- Many of you will know that Mr Terry Williams, our long-serving Parish Clerk, has indicated that he would like to step down from the post in 2017 and we are pleased to announce that Mrs Kathryn Wells has been appointed to be the new Clerk. New contact details will be published when Kathryn takes up the role.
- Importantly, our MP Jo Churchill MP is keen to collect data about broadband provision in our area. Please complete this quick survey https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/FKYWMD2
Finally, the Parish Council would like to wish all residents of Gislingham the Season’s Greetings and best wishes for a very happy and successful 2017
The next Parish Council help desks will be in the Village Hall on Saturday 3 December and 7 January from 10am to 12 noon. The next Parish Council Meetings will be on Monday 19 December and 16 January at 7.30 pm.
Generally, the first point of contact for any matters to do with the Parish Council is the Parish Clerk, Mr Terry Williams on email@example.com or by phone on 01379 783903. The alternative is Cllr Chris Pitt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01379 788795. Full Draft Minutes as well as much other Parish Council information can be found on the Parish Council website at http://gislingham.onesuffolk.net